What is Rosuvastatin?
Rosuvastatin is a generic medication that is clinically proven to be effective and safe for most people who are suffering from high cholesterol. It is part of a group of medications known as statins, which block an enzyme from working in the liver in order to prevent too much cholesterol from being produced. By doing this, statins like Rosuvastatin reduce triglyceride and LDL cholesterol levels. High cholesterol patients who are considered to be at high risk of experiencing a heart attack or stroke are often prescribed Rosuvastatin.
It is very simple to buy Crestor, which is the branded version of Rosuvastatin at HealthExpress, where we offer patients a secure way to order medications online. If you have been recommended Crestor as a treatment for high cholesterol by your doctor, you will be able to buy the medication from us. You will need to complete an online consultation in order to buy Crestor online. This is completely free but is very important as it allows our doctor to verify your suitability for the medication based on important details such as your medical history.
What are the benefits of Rosuvastatin?
Rosuvastatin is clinically proven to be a highly effective medication in its ability to reduce cholesterol levels. As well as having the ability to successfully reduce cholesterol levels, Rosuvastatin comes with a number of additional benefits, including the following:
- Rosuvastatin lessens the risk of people with high cholesterol experiencing associated problems like heart attacks, strokes, angina or coronary disease.
- This treatment slows down plaque build-up in the arteries as part of it's treatment plan when lowering cholesterol levels.
- This cholesterol medication is suitable for people whose high cholesterol is caused by lifestyle, diet or genetic factors.
- This medication is designed to be taken daily in the form of a single tablet, meaning it is a very easy course of treatment to follow.
- Rosuvastatin is generally very well tolerated, lessening the likelihood of experiencing any side effects associated with this treatment.
How does it work?
Rosuvastatin calcium, the active ingredient of the medication, prevents the work of an enzyme called HMG-CoA, which works in the liver to produce LDL cholesterol. LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol is known as "bad" cholesterol because in too high quantities it can clog and narrow the arteries. The other type of cholesterol is HDL (high density lipoprotein) which is known as "good" cholesterol because it can prevent this. When a person is referred to as having high cholesterol, this means high levels of the "bad" cholesterol.
How to take Rosuvastatin
This medication takes the form of a tablet which should be swallowed whole with a glass of water. It is up to the individual whether they wish to do this with or without food. One tablet should be taken each day, ideally at around the same time. If it is your first course of treatment using this medication, you will be prescribed either a 5mg or 10mg dose. This may be increased at a later stage depending on your response to the medication. Any increase to your dosage must be recommended by a doctor. It is important to ensure that your cholesterol levels are regularly checked if you are taking medication to lower cholesterol.
Who can buy high cholesterol treatment?
We ask that anyone who wishes to buy Crestor - the branded version of Rosuvastatin online, has been previously recommended the medication by a doctor. If you have not been diagnosed with high cholesterol, you will not be able to buy Crestor.
There are also a number of precautions that should be carefully considered before you buy Rosuvastatin tablets to effectively treat high cholesterol. These include the following:
- If you are suffering from some health conditions, such as liver disease or thyroid problems, this medication will not be suitable for you.
- If you are allergic to the active ingredient rosuvastatin calcium, or any of the other ingredients within each Rosuvastatin tablet.
- This will also be unsuitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- You shouldn't take this high cholesterol medication if you are currently dealing with liver or kidney issues.
There are some medications, which are incompatible with this treatment, this includes:
- Ciclosporin (used after an organ transplant)
- Erythromycin (an oral contraceptive medication)
- HIV medications
- Any other treatment for high LDL cholesterol
If you are currently taking any kind of medication, you should disclose it during your online consultation for your own safety. This will ensure the suitability and effectiveness of Rosuvastatin tablets when treating high cholesterol.
What side effects could occur?
There is a small chance that you could experience side effects, though if they do occur they are likely to be very mild and only temporary. These effects could include indigestion, headache, dizziness, constipation, nausea, dry or sore throat, runny nose, stomach pain, insomnia and joint pain.
The rare side effects of this medication include fever, muscle pain, muscle cramps or spasms, loss of appetite, jaundice, tiredness, weakness and changes to urination.
Allergic reactions to this medication are very rare, but you should seek urgent medical attention if you experience such a reaction to any of the ingredients found in Rosuvastatin tablets, including the active ingredient rosuvastatin calcium. Other ingredients found in each Rosuvastatin tablet include the following:
- Lactose monohydrate
- Microcrystalline cellulose
- Calcium phosphate
- Magnesium stearate
- Lactose monohydrate
- Titanium dioxide (E171)
- Ferric oxide, yellow (E172) (5 mg tablet)
- Ferric oxide, red (E172) (10 mg, 20 mg and 40 mg tablets)
You should not consume any food or drink that contains grapefruit, as grapefruit can cause potentially serious effects if consumed along with statins.
Can I buy high cholesterol treatment online?
It is very quick and easy to buy Crestor tablets - the branded version of Rosuvastatin online if you have been recommended this treatment by a registered doctor. We ask that you complete a simple and free online consultation, during which you will detail any relevant medical information, such as any medications you are currently taking. This consultation is then reviewed by a UK registered doctor who will be able to confirm whether this medication and the dosage you've selected is suitable for you when treating your particular case of high cholesterol. If this is the case, you will be able to successfully order your medication, at which point the doctor will issue an official prescription for Rosuvastatin tablets.
This prescription will be filled and the medication dispensed and dispatched from our UK pharmacy via our free next day delivery service.