What is Betacap 0.1% Solution?
Betacap 0.1% Solution is a potent corticosteroid used in the treatment of inflammatory scalp conditions, such as seborrhoeic dermatitis and scalp psoriasis. It contains the active ingredient betamethasone.
Betamethasone belongs to a group of medicines known as topical corticosteroids. These medicines reduce inflammation to relieve irritation.
This medicine is only available on prescription from your doctor. It is normally necessary to use the solution for 2-4 weeks before improvement of your symptoms is noticeable.
This medicine is safe for use by children over 1 year of age, adults and the elderly. It should not be used in children for longer than 5-7 days.
How does Betacap 0.1% Solution work?
Betacap 0.1% Solution is a topical solution used in the treatment of inflammatory scalp conditions, such as scalp psoriasis and seborrhoeic dermatitis. The solution contains 0.1% betamethasone, a strong topical corticosteroid.
Corticosteroids are used to reduce inflammation. When the skin releases inflammatory substances, it becomes irritated. The blood vessels widen, causing the skin to become red, inflamed, scaly and itchy.
Betamethasone acts directly inside the skin cells, decreasing the release of these inflammatory substances, to reduce itching, redness and other symptoms associated with inflammatory scalp conditions.
Your doctor will normally start by prescribing weaker corticosteroids, and will only prescribe Betacap 0.1% Solution if your condition does not respond to treatment.
How to use Betacap 0.1% Solution
- Betacap 0.1% Solution should be applied sparingly, twice a day
- Use the nozzle of the bottle to apply to areas of your scalp requiring treatment
- Rub in gently and leave to dry
- Do not wash the solution off the scalp after application
- Wash your hands after applying
- If you need to wash your hair, you should wash and dry it before applying Betacap 0.1% Solution
- As soon as your condition improves, you should use this medicine less frequently or as directed by your doctor
What dosages are available for Betacap 0.1% Solution?
There is only one dosage available for Betacap 0.1% Solution. The solution contains betamethasone 0.1% w/w. Betacap 0.1% Solution comes in a 100ml bottle of cutaneous solution, which has been medically tested by professionals to have the maximum dosage for effectiveness and minimal chance of side effects.
What are the side effects of Betacap 0.1% Solution?
Although corticosteroids are generally very well tolerated, side effects can still occur after taking this medicine. Side effects that have been classed as "common" (affecting 1 in 1,000) include; skin irritation such as itching and burning; contact dermatitis; excessive hair growth (hypertrichosis); skin thinning; telangiectasia, where small blood vessels become prominent under the skin.
If you experience any of these or other side effects that concern you, you should stop using this medicine and speak to your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to betamethasone or any of the medicine's other ingredients. If you do experience an allergic reaction whilst using Betacap 0.1% Solution, you should stop using it and contact your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
What are the precautions/interactions of Betacap 0.1% Solution?
This medicine is not known to interact with any other medicines. However, you should always tell your doctor or pharmacist about any other medicines you are taking, including non-prescription medicines and herbal remedies.
- Prolonged use, especially in children, can lead to skin thinning and adrenal suppression. Stopping use of the medicine normally resolves this.
- Rarely, using this medicine to treat psoriasis can cause pustular psoriasis to develop, where pus-filled blisters form on the scalp.
- Do not use this medicine excessively or for extended periods of time.
- Betacap 0.1% Solution is flammable, do not use while smoking or near naked flames.
- This medicine should not be used by pregnant women or breastfeeding mothers, as there is a chance it could harm the unborn baby. Do not use this medicine whilst pregnant or breastfeeding unless your doctor considers it essential.
If you are using other treatments or moisturisers on your scalp, it is recommended to leave several minutes between applying each product, to allow them to be absorbed and prevent them from mixing on the surface of the scalp.
How to buy Betacap Scalp Application 0.1% Solution online
You can buy Betacap 0.1% Solution online from HealthExpress after completing a short questionnaire to determine the effectiveness and safety of the treatment. If this is approved by 4:30pm Monday to Friday, you'll receive Betacap the very next day before 1pm to begin alleviating symptoms as soon as possible.
We also offer same-day delivery in London, nominated day delivery across the UK and the option to pick up in person at a UPS Access Point.