What is Cetraben Bath Additive?
Cetraben Bath Additive is used to moisturise and protect eczema-prone skin that is red, inflamed, dry and damaged. Light liquid paraffin helps to trap moisture in the skin and provides a soothing effect.
You can buy Cetraben Bath Additive online or over the counter, without prescription from your doctor. Buying Cetraben online means you can get the medication delivered straight to your door, hassle-free.
How does Cetraben Bath Additive work?
Eczema is an inflammatory skin condition which causes flare-ups of red, itchy, cracked and scaling skin.
This occurs due to loss of moisture from the top layer of skin, which can be worsened by washing with soap and hot water.
Cetraben Bath Additive is a clear solution containing liquid paraffin. Added to bath water it helps form a protective layer on the skin to re-hydrate, soothe and replace lost oils.
Its ingredients moisturise the skin, providing relief from discomfort and itching in babies, children and adults.
How to use Cetraben Bath Additive
Cetraben Bath Additive can be added to a warm bath, or applied to wet skin before showering.
- For adults, add 1 or 2 capfuls to your bath
- For children, add a ½ or 1 capful to the bath
If using in the shower, Cetraben Bath Additive should be applied to the skin lightly, using a wet sponge.
Take care when entering or leaving the bath or shower, as surfaces may become slippery with use.
What dosages are available for Cetraben Bath Additive?
There is only one dosage available for Cetraben Bath Additive. The bath additive contains light liquid paraffin 82.8% w/w. This product is available in a 500ml bottle.
What are the side effects of Cetraben Bath Additive?
Most people can use Cetraben Bath Additive without experiencing any adverse side effects. Side effects which have been commonly reported include a mild skin reaction, but this is very rare.
If you think you have experienced a reaction to Cetraben Bath Additive, you should speak to your doctor or pharmacist and stop using the product.
What are the precautions/interactions of Cetraben Bath Additive?
- This product is not known to interact with any other medicines.
- Avoid contact with the eyes. If you get this product in your eyes, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Cetraben Bath Additive can make skin and surfaces slippery, so exercise caution getting into and out of the bath or shower.
- Cetraben Bath Additive is suitable for use by children, adults and the elderly.
- This product is suitable for use by pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers.
- You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to liquid or soft white paraffin, glycerine or any of the other ingredients.
- If you experience an allergic reaction, stop using this product and consult your doctor or pharmacist.
How to buy Cetraben Bath Additive online
You can buy Cetraben Bath Additive online at HealthExpress. Simply fill out your details and select your preferred delivery option. We have a free next-day delivery service and nominated day delivery if you would like a particular day. If you would rather pick up from a store, choose our UPS Access Point option in the checkout.