What is Clobetasone 0.05% Ointment?
Clobetasone 0.05% Ointment is used in the treatment of inflammatory skin conditions, such as dermatitis and eczema. It is sometimes also used to treat insect bite reactions.
Clobetasone 0.05% Ointment contains 0.05% clobetasone butyrate, which belongs to a group of medicines called corticosteroids.
Corticosteroids are used to reduce irritation and swelling in inflammatory skin conditions. Clobetasone butyrate is classed as a moderately potent corticosteroid.
This medicine is only available by prescription from your doctor, which can be obtained online at HealthExpress. You should not use it for extended periods on large areas of the body unless instructed by your doctor.
How does Clobetasone 0.05% Ointment work?
Clobetasone 0.05% Ointment contains 0.05% clobetasone butyrate.
This moderately potent corticosteroid is effective in the treatment of inflammatory skin conditions. Although it does not cure conditions such as eczema and dermatitis, it does help to control symptoms.
Topical steroids are often used in the treatment of dermatitis and eczema flare-ups. They help to relieve symptoms by reducing redness, itching and inflammation.
In children, less potent corticosteroids are often prescribed, however short courses of clobetasone butyrate may be required if eczema is particularly severe.
Clobetasone butyrate is sometimes prescribed on a short-term basis for treatment of psoriasis on the face, knees or elbows. It should not be used for long periods as this can make your psoriasis worse.
How to use Clobetasone 0.05% Ointment
- If using moisturiser, this should be applied 10-15 minutes before using Clobetasone 0.05% Ointment
- Wash your hands before use
- Apply the ointment to the affected area once or twice a day, as directed by your doctor
- Apply a thin layer and gently rub the ointment into the skin until it disappears
- You should reduce the amount of ointment used and the frequency of application over time, as directed by your doctor
- Always wash your hands thoroughly after applying the ointment to your skin
What dosages are available for Clobetasone 0.05% Ointment?
There is only one dosage available for Clobetasone 0.05% Ointment. The ointment comes in a 15g or 30g tube. The medicine contains 0.05% clobetasone butyrate.
What are the side effects of Clobetasone 0.05% Ointment?
Side effects whilst using clobetasone butyrate are rare and most people will use this medicine without experiencing any side effects. However, you may notice your skin becomes swollen or worsens during treatment. If this happens, you may be allergic to the cream or have an infection. Stop using the cream and contact your doctor immediately.
If used to treat psoriasis, you may develop pustular psoriasis (pus-filled bumps under the skin) during or after treatment.
Rare side effects which have been reported include; rash, itchy or red skin; burning or irritation at the point of application; allergic reaction.
You should report any severe side effects to your doctor or pharmacist.
What are the precautions/interactions of Clobetasone 0.05% Ointment?
Using steroids on the skin for a long time, or using them frequently, can lead to thinning of the skin.
There are no known interactions with other medicines when using Clobetasone 0.05% Ointment. However, you should tell your doctor or pharmacist about any other medicines you are taking, including non-prescription medicines, supplements and herbal remedies.
Do not use this medicine if you have any of the following conditions:
- Athlete's Foot
- Cold sores, chicken pox or herpes
- Skin blisters
If you experience an allergic reaction you should go immediately to the Accident and Emergency department of your local hospital.
- This medicine is safe for use by children, adults and the elderly.
- It should only be used in children under 12 on the advice of your doctor, and should not be used on a continuous daily basis for long periods in children. You should always follow your doctor's advice.
- Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to clobetasone butyrate or any of the medicine's other ingredients.
- It is unclear whether topical corticosteroids are safe for use by pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers. Speak to your doctor before using this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, and use the minimum quantity of product for the minimum duration.
How to buy Clobetasone 0.05% Ointment online
You can buy Clobetasone Ointment online. The process is simple and quick to complete; fill out your details and once approved, your treatment will be sent straight to your preferred address. Our packaging only has your name and address so you can get Clobetasone Ointment delivered to your workplace or shared accommodation discreetly.
Buying treatments and medications online is the convenient way to take care of your health.