What is Dermol 200 Shower Emollient?
Dermol 200 Shower Emollient is used in the treatment of dry and itchy skin conditions, such as dermatitis and eczema. It is suitable for long-term use.
This product contains a combination of active ingredients that together have antibacterial and moisturising properties. They help form a barrier to keep skin hydrated and fight bacteria that could aggravate dry skin conditions.
You can buy Dermol online and have it delivered straight to your preferred address. Dermol 200 Shower Emollient is available to buy over the counter, without prescription from your doctor and is used as a soap substitute in the shower.
How does Dermol 200 Shower Emollient work?
Dermol 200 Shower Emollient contains the following active ingredients: liquid paraffin, isopropyl myristate, benzalkonium chloride and chlorhexidine hydrochloride.
- Liquid paraffin and isopropyl myristate are moisturising ingredients that help replenish lost water in the skin, forming a barrier that keeps skin hydrated.
- Benzalkonium chloride and chlorhexidine hydrochloride have antiseptic qualities. These ingredients destroy bacteria on the skin's surface that could aggravate eczema.
How to use Dermol 200 Shower Emollient
- For best results, use Dermol 200 Shower Emollient every time you shower
- Use the product as a soap substitute
- This product will not lather or foam like ordinary soap or shower gel
- After washing, pat the skin dry
- The product can also be used as a leave-on application
- In this case, apply after showering and smooth onto the skin
- Allow time for any excess to soak in, do not rub in
What dosages are available for Dermol 200 Shower Emollient?
There is only one dosage available for Dermol 200 Shower Emollient. This product contains the active ingredients liquid paraffin 2.5% w/w, isopropyl myristate 2.5% w/w, benzalkonium chloride 0.1% w/w and chlorhexidine hydrochloride 0.1% w/w. Dermol 200 Shower Emollient is available in a 200ml bottle.
What are the side effects of Dermol 200 Shower Emollient?
Although most people who use Dermol 200 Shower Emollient will not experience any adverse side effects, there are some rare side effects associated with use of this product. If you experience red, itchy skin or worsening of your skin condition, stop using the product and consult your doctor or pharmacist.
What are the precautions/interactions of Dermol 200 Shower Emollient?
If you have very sensitive skin and are using this as a leave-on application, it is a good idea to patch test this product on a small area of skin first, to check for any adverse reactions.
- Take care as this product can make your bath or shower slippery.
- Dermol 200 Shower Emollient is suitable for use in children, adults and the elderly.
- Do not use this product if you have a known hypersensitivity (allergy) to any of the ingredients.
- If you experience an allergic reaction, stop using this product and speak to your doctor or pharmacist.
- Dermol 200 Shower Emollient is safe for use in pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers.
How to buy Dermol 200 Shower Emollient online
Dermol 200 Shower Emollient can be purchased online to help lock in moisture for dry skin. To buy Dermol, begin a short questionnaire for our partner doctor to review. From here, you'll be able to choose your preferred delivery option, including free next-day delivery and nominated day delivery.
Buying Dermol 200 Shower Emollient online gives you peace of mind and convenience to continue your day-to-day activities.