What is E45 Itch Relief Cream?
E45 Itch Relief Cream is used to relieve itchy, dry and scaly skin conditions like dermatitis and eczema. It can also be used to restore softness and smoothness to skin affected by any type of dry skin condition.
E45 Itch Relief Cream contains urea, which helps the skin to retain water, and lauromacrogols, which help relieve itching and discomfort.
E45 Itch Relief Cream is available over the counter, without prescription from your doctor or it can be bought online and delivered straight to your door.
How does E45 Itch Relief Cream work?
The skin drying out causes dry skin conditions such as eczema. This leads to cracked, scaling, itchy and red skin.
Our skin tends to dry out more as we age, but this can also occur when washing with hot water and soap, which strips the skin of its natural oils.
E45 Itch Relief Cream contains urea, which is a substance found naturally in our skin.
Individuals with eczema have been found to have a reduced amount of urea in their bodies, and using E45 Itch Relief Cream helps to replenish urea, preventing water from evaporating from the top layer of the skin, the stratum corneum.
This softens and soothes the skin, relieving scaling and dryness, whilst also reducing itching. The lauromacrogols in the cream act as a local anaesthetic, providing relief from itching.
How to use E45 Itch Relief Cream
- Wash your hands before using E45 Itch Relief Cream
- Apply the cream to the affected areas of skin twice a day
- The length of time you will need to use the cream for will depend on how your skin responds to treatment
- You should always follow your doctor's advice when using any medicine
- Do not use E45 Itch Relief Cream on broken, oozing, inflamed or weeping areas of skin, as this can lead to irritation
- If you continue to experience symptoms despite treatment, seek advice from your doctor or pharmacist
What dosages are available for E45 Itch Relief Cream?
There is only one dosage available for E45 Itch Relief Cream. The cream contains lauromacrogols 3.0% w/w and urea 5.0% w/w. E45 Itch Relief Cream is available in 50g or 100g tubes or 500g bottles with a pump dispenser.
What are the side effects of E45 Itch Relief Cream?
Not all people using this medicine will experience side effects and many people will be unaffected by minor side effects if they do experience any whilst using E45 Itch Relief Cream. However, medicine can affect people differently. Side effects that have been commonly reported include; pus-filled spots forming on the skin; itching; burning; flushing.
If you experience skin irritation as a result of using E45 Itch Relief Cream, you should stop using the cream immediately and consult your doctor or pharmacist.
What are the precautions/interactions of E45 Itch Relief Cream?
Moisturisers are a great option for those with dry skin conditions as, by improving the skin's condition, they can aid the absorption of other topical treatments, such as corticosteroids or medicated ointments.
However, if you apply moisturisers such as E45 Itch Relief Cream to the skin at the same time as medicated lotions and creams, they can dilute active ingredients, making them less effective. For this reason, you should wait approximately half an hour after applying medicated skin treatments before applying E45 Itch Relief Cream.
- E45 Itch Relief Cream is not known to interact with any other medicines.
- Do not use if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- This cream is suitable for use in children over 1 month of age, adults and the elderly. This cream is not suitable for use in babies under 1 month of age.
- It is safe to use this cream while you are pregnant or breastfeeding, as it does not contain any ingredients that could harm a baby. Do not use on the breasts immediately before breastfeeding, to prevent accidental ingestion by your infant.
- You should not use E45 Itch Relief Cream if you have an allergy to any of the ingredients.
If you think you have experienced an allergic reaction, you should stop using the cream and speak to your doctor or pharmacist. In case of a severe allergic reaction, you should go immediately to the Accident and Emergency department of your local hospital.
How to buy E45 Itch Relief Cream online
Ordering E45 Itch Relief Cream online can save you the time and hassle. To buy online from HealthExpress, firstly complete a short questionnaire including choosing your preferred delivery method.
Getting E45 Itch Relief Cream delivered in the UK
We have a number of delivery options to suit your every need. When ordered and processed by 4:30pm Monday to Friday, you can receive E45 Cream the next day by 1pm. We also offer same-day delivery for London postcodes, nominated day delivery and UPS Access Points if you have a convenient shop nearby.