What is Hibiscrub Antibacterial Skin Cleanser?
Hibiscrub Antibacterial Skin Cleanser is an antiseptic, antibacterial cleanser commonly used as a handwash on hospital wards. It is also used to disinfect a patient's skin before and after surgery, and for disinfecting the hands of medical staff before surgery.
Hibiscrub Antibacterial Skin Cleanser contains chlorhexidine gluconate which has antimicrobial properties.
Hibiscrub Antibacterial Skin Cleanser can be bought over the counter, without a prescription from your doctor and is safe for use in children, adults and the elderly. It can also be purchased online from HealthExpress and delivered straight to your door through our free UK delivery service.
How does Hibiscrub Antibacterial Skin Cleanser work?
The main ingredient in Hibiscrub Antibacterial Skin Cleanser is chlorhexidine gluconate. This active ingredient has antimicrobial properties that are used to fight bacteria, fungi, yeasts, lipophilic viruses and dermatophyte viruses. It is effective against MRSA and can be used at home or in hospitals.
Because the chlorhexidine gluconate is not absorbed by the skin, it binds to the skin to form a protective layer that kills bacteria on contact. This protection lasts for up to 6 hours after a single application.
Hibiscrub Antibacterial Skin Cleanser is routinely used as a handwash on hospital wards. It can also be used at home, before going into hospital, to reduce the bacteria on your skin, minimising the risk of contracting an infection.
Use of Hibiscrub Antibacterial Skin Cleanser to disinfect the skin of patients prior to surgery, or the hands of medical staff before surgery, prevents germs from being introduced into the body.
How to use Hibiscrub Antibacterial Skin Cleanser
- Wet your face and body
- Use the product undiluted on the skin
- Wash your groin, anal area, armpits and face, paying particular attention to the area around your nose
- Avoid getting the cleanser in your ears or eyes
- Rinse off the product thoroughly in the shower
- Repeat the washing procedure a second time but this time start with your hair, and wash your whole body
- Rinse thoroughly, towel dry and wear clean clothing
- Do not continue use if irritation occurs
What dosages are available for Hibiscrub Antibacterial Skin Cleanser?
There is only one dosage available for Hibiscrub Antibacterial Skin Cleanser. The cleanser contains chlorhexidine gluconate 4.0% w/v. This ingredient has antimicrobial properties. Hibiscrub Antibacterial Skin Cleanser comes in 200ml, 500ml and 5L bottles.
What are the side effects of Hibiscrub Antibacterial Skin Cleanser?
The majority of people will use this product without experiencing side effects. However, medicine can affect people differently. The most commonly reported side effect for Hibiscrub Antibacterial Skin Cleanser is skin irritation. If you experience redness, itching or other skin irritation, or if you experience any other side effects not mentioned here, you should stop using Hibiscrub Antibacterial Skin Cleanser and contact your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
What are the precautions/interactions of Hibiscrub Antibacterial Skin Cleanser?
Hibiscrub Antibacterial Skin Cleanser is not known to interact with any other medicines. However, you should always tell your doctor or pharmacist about any other medicines you are taking, including non-prescription medicines and herbal remedies.
- You should not use this product if you have a known allergy to chlorhexidine gluconate, or any of its other ingredients.
- This cleanser should be used with caution in individuals with a perforated eardrum or a head injury. The cleanser should not be allowed to come in contact with the brain or middle ear.
- Hibiscrub Antibacterial Skin Cleanser is for external use only. Take care to avoid getting this product in your eyes or mouth. If this occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.
- This skin cleanser should not be used if you have a known hypersensitivity (allergy) to any of the ingredients. If you experience an allergic reaction, you should stop using the cleanser and contact your doctor.
- Because the ingredients aren't directly absorbed into the skin, Hibiscrub Antibacterial Skin Cleanser is safe for use by pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers. There are no known harmful effects when this product is used to disinfect the skin during pregnancy or breastfeeding. You should always inform your doctor if you are pregnant before using this medicine.
How to buy Hibiscrub Antibacterial Skin Cleanser online
If you wish to buy Hibiscrub Antibacterial Skin Cleanser online, fill in your details that will be saved in your personal member's area for future use. Ordering treatment online saves you the hassle of finding the time in-person. At HealthExpress, we also have a number of convenient delivery options.
Getting Hibiscrub Antibacterial Skin Cleanser delivered in the UK
If ordered and approved by 4:30pm, Monday to Friday, you can receive Hibiscrub Antibacterial Skin Cleanser the very next day by 1pm. This service is available across the UK and is also free of charge.
For Londoners, you may be eligible for free same-day delivery, whether that's to your place of work or shared accommodation.
We have a nominated day service so you can choose the most convenient day for you, and UPS Access Points across the UK if you'd rather pick up your treatment in-person.