What is Curanail 5% Nail Lacquer (Amorolfine)?
Curanail 5% Nail Lacquer (Amorolfine) is used to treat non-serious fungal nail infections that can arise on the tips/sides of fingernails or toenails. This lacquer contains the active ingredient amorolfine, an antifungal medicine that kills fungi and yeasts.
Curanail 5% Nail Lacquer (Amorolfine) is available to purchase over the counter, without a prescription from your doctor. You can also get Curanail delivered straight to your door.
How does Curanail 5% Nail Lacquer (Amorolfine) work?
Your fingernails and toenails are hard to penetrate, making fungal nail infections difficult to treat. Your infected nail will need to grow out completely in order for you to fully recover, which can take up to a year.
Curanail 5% Nail Lacquer (Amorolfine) contains 5% amorolfine. This active ingredient is an antifungal medicine that kills off yeast and fungi.
When painted onto your nails, it stays on for a week, penetrating your nail to fight the infection. This nail lacquer is water and soap-resistant.
Curanail 5% Nail Lacquer (Amorolfine) kills fungi and yeasts by creating holes in fungal cell membranes. This eventually kills the fungi and clears the infection.
Treatment can take up to 6 months for fingernails and 9-12 months for toenails, although the duration of treatment depends on the severity of the infection.
How to use Curanail 5% Nail Lacquer (Amorolfine)
- Before applying, file the surface of the affected area(s) of the nail down with a clean, disposable nail file
- Throw the nail file away after use to prevent spreading the infection
- Cleanse the nail with the disposable alcohol swabs provided
- Apply a layer of lacquer to the nail with the reusable applicator and leave to dry for three minutes
- After use, clean the applicator with the swab used previously, put the applicator back in the bottle and dispose of the swab
- Reapply once per week until the infection has cleared
What dosages are available for Curanail 5% Nail Lacquer (Amorolfine)?
There is only one dosage available for Curanail 5% Nail Lacquer (Amorolfine).
Curanail 5% Nail Lacquer (Amorolfine) contains 5% w/v amorolfine (in the form of hydrochloride), which is an antifungal compound.
This medicated nail lacquer comes in a 3ml bottle (approximately three months' supply) alongside a reusable applicator.
What are the side effects of Curanail 5% Nail Lacquer (Amorolfine)?
You might not experience any side effects when using Curanail 5% Nail Lacquer (Amorolfine), as medicines affect individuals in different ways.
Some of the most commonly reported side effects include broken/brittle nails and nail discolouration.
In rare cases, allergic reactions such as contact dermatitis and itching, red skin accompanied by blistering have been reported. If you experience an allergic reaction or any other side effect, speak to your doctor or pharmacist.
What are the precautions/interactions of Curanail 5% Nail Lacquer (Amorolfine)?
Curanail 5% Nail Lacquer (Amorolfine) is not known to interact with any other medicines. However, you should always tell your doctor or pharmacist about any other medicines you are taking at the time to ensure this medicine is suitable.
- Only apply this product to infected nails.
- Wait at least ten minutes after applying Curanail 5% Nail Lacquer (Amorolfine) before using nail polish. Always remove any old polish before reapplying this lacquer to infected nails.
- Do not use artificial nails after applying Curanail 5% Nail Lacquer (Amorolfine).
- If you have more than two infected nails, or your nails are very damaged, you should consult your doctor before using this medicine.
- It is important to continue regular weekly treatment until your infected nail has grown out completely.
- Curanail 5% Nail Lacquer (Amorolfine) should not be prescribed for children under the age of 18 as there is insufficient research concerning the potential side effects for this group.
- Although this lacquer is unlikely to be absorbed into your body in significant quantities, how safe this medication is for pregnant and breastfeeding women is yet to be established.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, seek advice from your doctor before using this product (or, any other medicine). Only use this lacquer if your doctor thinks it is essential.
- If you are allergic to amorolfine or any other ingredients in this medicine, avoid using it. If you experience an allergic reaction, discontinue use and contact your doctor or pharmacist.
How to buy Curanail 5% Nail Lacquer online
To buy Curanail Nail Lacquer online firstly complete a short questionnaire to be review by our partner doctor. This is to ensure that the treatment is effective and safe for you to use, and you're over the age of 18. Once approved, your details will remain in your member's area for future use.
Getting Curanail Nail Lacquer delivered in the UK
We offer a free next-day delivery across the UK. This is valid on orders completed and approved by 4:30pm Monday to Friday. We also offer a same-day delivery for London postcodes.
Our other delivery options include a nominated day delivery and UPS Access Points.