What are Opticrom 2% Aqueous Eye Drops?
Opticrom 2% Aqueous Eye Drops are used to relieve the symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis such as pet allergies, hay fever and dust mite allergies. They are also used to relieve symptoms of a severe type of allergic conjunctivitis, known as vernal kerato conjunctivitis.
These eye drops contain sodium cromoglicate 2.0% w/v. This active ingredient helps to relieve puffy, red, watery and itchy eyes.
These eye drops are not suitable for use while wearing soft contact lenses, as the ingredients can cause irritation.
Opticrom 2% Aqueous Eye Drops are available over the counter, without prescription from your doctor, or you can buy Opticrom online and have it delivered straight to your door.
How do Opticrom 2% Aqueous Eye Drops work?
Opticrom 2% Aqueous Eye Drops are used to treat the eye symptoms of allergic reactions.
They contain the active ingredient sodium cromoglicate. This is a type of medicine that stabilises mast cells - an important part of the body's immune system - reducing allergic responses.
These cells are sensitised when exposed to allergens, such as pet fur or pollen. They then release substances such as histamine, causing an inflammatory reaction from the body's immune system as it tries to fight the foreign substance or allergen.
In the eyes, inflammation can result in allergic symptoms such as puffiness, discharge, redness and itching.
Sodium cromoglicate stabilises mast cells to prevent histamine from being released by the cells. This helps to prevent the body's allergic response and reduces allergy symptoms.
These eye drops are suitable for long-term use, but should always be used exactly as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
How to use Opticrom 2% Aqueous Eye Drops
- Wash your hands before using these eye drops
- Put 1 or 2 drops into each eye
- This can be done up to 4 times a day, or as directed by your doctor
- Do not touch the dropper to any surface, including the surface of your eye, to avoid contaminating the medicine
- For best results, start using these eye drops a few days before exposure to allergens, for example before pollen season starts. They can then be used every day during exposure to control your symptoms.
Unused eye drops should be discarded within 28 days of opening the bottle, to avoid contamination.
What dosages are available for Opticrom 2% Aqueous Eye Drops?
There is only one dosage available for Opticrom 2% Aqueous Eye Drops. The solution contains sodium cromoglicate 2.0% w/v. These eye drops are available in dropper bottles containing 5ml or 10ml of solution.
This medicine is only available by prescription from your doctor.
What are the side effects of Opticrom 2% Aqueous Eye Drops?
Medicines can affect people differently. The most common side effect associated with sodium cromoglicate eye drops is a temporary burning or stinging sensation after use. Other reported side effects include skin rashes and allergic reaction. Not everyone who uses this medicine will experience side effects and most people are able to use Opticrom 2% Aqueous Eye Drops without any side effects.
If you are concerned about these or any other side effects, speak to your doctor.
These eye drops may cause temporarily blurred vision after use. Wait until your vision has cleared before driving or operating machinery.
What are the precautions/interactions of Opticrom 2% Aqueous Eye Drops?
You should always tell your doctor or pharmacist about any other medicines you are taking, or have recently taken, including non-prescription medicines and herbal remedies.
These eye drops can usually be used with other nasal sprays or antihistamines; however, Opticrom 2% Aqueous Eye Drops are known to interact with terfenadine, an antihistamine sometimes used in the treatment of hay fever symptoms.
If you are using other eye drops at the same time as Opticrom Eye Drops, you should wait at least 5 minutes between using the different products. Eye ointments or gels should be used after eye drops.
- Do not wear soft contact lenses while using this medicine as this may cause irritation.
- Unused eye drops should be discarded within 28 days of opening the bottle, to avoid contamination.
- Opticrom 2% Aqueous Eye Drops are suitable for use in children, adults and the elderly.
- Although these eye drops are not known to be harmful during breastfeeding or pregnancy, you should only use them if your doctor thinks it is essential.
- If you are allergic to sodium cromoglicate or any of the other ingredients, you should not use these eye drops. If you experience an allergic reaction, then you should stop using these eye drops and contact your doctor immediately.
How to buy Opticrom 2% Aqueous Eye Drops online
You can buy Opticrom Aqueous Eye Drops online and receive as early as tomorrow to relieve the symptoms of allergies sooner rather than later. To do so, complete a consult that is saved online for future reordering. Have your order approved by 4:30pm Monday to Friday and receive your eye drops the very next day. We also have nominate day delivery free of charge for whenever is convenient for you.