What is Fenistil Cold Sore Cream?
Fenistil Cold Sore Cream is an antiviral medication used to treat cold sores. Cold sores are caused by viral infection with the herpes labialis virus and usually occur around the mouth and on the lips.
As the herpes virus is incurable, Fenistil Cold Sore Cream does not kill the herpes virus, but it can help to alleviate the pain of open sores, as well as speeding up the healing process.
The cream is suitable for use by children over the age of 12, adults and the elderly.
How does Fenistil Cold Sore Cream work?
Fenistil Cold Sore Cream is a cream that contains an antiviral ingredient called penciclovir. This antiviral medication prevents the herpes virus from multiplying and infecting more cells.
Although Fenistil does not kill the virus or prevent it from spreading to other people, it does prevent it from reproducing, allowing the body's immune system to overcome it more easily.
The cream works to alleviate pain and speed up the healing of cold sore blisters on the lips and around the mouth.
Care should be taken not to touch the sores unnecessarily with hands or towels, as this could spread the infection.
How to use Fenistil Cold Sore Cream
- Fenistil Cold Sore Cream should be used for a maximum of 4 days. If the infection has not cleared up after this time, you should consult your GP.
- The cream is best used at the first signs of a cold sore appearing (a tingling sensation)
- Always wash your hands before and after applying the cream
- Apply a thin layer with a clean finger to the affected area, every 2 hours throughout the day
What dosages are available for Fenistil Cold Sore Cream?
There is only one common dosage available for Fenistil Cold Sore Cream; 1g of cream contains 10mg of penciclovir. This has been rigorously tested to ensure maximum safety and effectiveness.
What are the side effects of Fenistil Cold Sore Cream?
Most people who use Fenistil Cold Sore Cream do not suffer from any side effects. However, medicine can affect everyone differently and mild side effects could include numbness, stinging or a burning sensation after application. Allergic reactions have also been reported.
What are the precautions/interactions of Fenistil Cold Sore Cream?
- Fenistil Cold Sore Cream is not known to interact with any other medications
- Not suitable for use by children under 12 years of age
- Do not take Fenistil if you are allergic to penciclovir
- Avoid getting the cream in your eyes, or inside your mouth or nose
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should seek advice from their doctor before using this medicine
How to buy Fenistil Cold Sore Cream online
To buy Fenistil Cold Sore Cream online, complete a quick questionnaire to verify your safety and the effectiveness of the treatment for you. When completed and reviewed before 4:30pm Monday to Friday, you'll receive Fenistil Cream by the following day. We also have nominated day delivery and UPS Access Points.