What are Omacor 1000mg Capsules?
Omacor 1000mg Capsules are soft gelatine capsules used to treat certain types of triglycerides (or, 'bad fats') in your blood when dietary changes have proven ineffective. They are also used in combination with other medicines to offer protection following a heart attack.
These capsules contain eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) ethyl esters. These omega-3 acid ethyl esters can decrease your triglyceride levels and help raise levels of 'good' cholesterol.
Omacor Capsules should only be used if your doctor considers it absolutely necessary. They can be purchased online from HealthExpress after completing a short consultation. Your package will be delivered through our free next-day delivery straight to your door.
How do Omacor 1000mg Capsules work?
Omacor 1000mg Capsules are used to protect the heart following a heart attack, or to treat certain types of triglyceride in the blood.
These capsules contain three ingredients: eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), ethyl ester and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) ethyl ester. These are omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (also known as omega-3 acid ethyl esters), a type of fat found in fish oils.
In combination, these ingredients reduce triglyceride levels in the blood and help to raise levels of 'good' cholesterol (HDL).
Medical research has indicated that omega-3 acid ethyl esters function by reducing the amount of triglyceride your body produces. This can reduce your risk of heart attacks and strokes.
How to use Omacor 1000mg Capsules
- You should always take Omacor 1000mg Capsules as directed by your doctor
- Swallow the capsules whole alongside a sip of water
- Take them with or after a meal to avoid nausea or indigestion
- If you have had a heart attack, the normal recommended dose is one capsule per day
- If you have high levels of triglycerides, the normal dose is 2 capsules per day, which your doctor may choose to increase to 4 capsules
- Should you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember (but, do not take two doses together)
What dosages are available for Omacor 1000mg Capsules?
There is only one dosage available for Omacor 1000mg Capsules. These capsules contain 840mg of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), 460mg of ethyl ester and 380mg of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) ethyl ester. Each pack contains 28 soft gel capsules.
What are the side effects of Omacor 1000mg Capsules?
Common side effects of Omacor 1000mg Capsules include nausea and indigestion.
Less common side effects (likely to impact fewer than 1 in 100 people) include: allergic reactions; diarrhoea; vomiting; abdominal pain; impaired taste; and, dizziness.
More rare side effects include: headache; acne; itchy rash; raised blood sugar; and, liver complaints.
In very rare cases, you may experience severe side effects, such as: low blood pressure; hives; skin reactions; or, hyperglycaemia.
If you are concerned about any side effects, stop taking this medicine and speak to your doctor.
What are the precautions/interactions of Omacor 1000mg Capsules?
- Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to soya or peanuts, as the capsules contain soya lecithin.
- Both people with liver or kidney problems and those with uncontrolled diabetes should use this medication with caution.
- If you are taking warfarin or any other anticoagulant medicines, you should speak to your doctor before taking this medicine. Omacor 1000mg Capsules can increase the time it takes for your blood to clot (INR), a factor your doctor is likely to want to monitor.
- Always tell your doctor or pharmacist about any other medicines you are taking, including non-prescription medicines, supplements and herbal remedies.
- There is limited data available relating to the use of this medicine in elderly patients, so those aged 70 years and over should use with caution.
- There is no information available regarding the safety of use of Omacor 1000mg Capsules in children and adolescents. As such, this medication should not be given to children.
- Breastfeeding mothers and pregnant women should consult their doctor before using Omacor 1000mg Capsules. There is a lack of data relating to the safety of using this medicine during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- You should not use this medicine if any of the ingredients are likely to cause an allergic reaction. Stop taking this medicine and contact your doctor (or, speak with your pharmacist) if you experience an allergic reaction.
How to buy Omacor 1000mg Capsules online
Buying Omacor 1000mg Capsules online can be a hassle-free way to obtain the treatment. To do so, you must complete a short questionnaire for review. Once approved, your slip will be sent straight to the pharmacy to be delivered to your preferred address.
Getting Omacor 1000mg Capsules delivered in the UK
You can buy Omacor 1000mg Capsules online and get your treatment delivered straight to your door. With discreet packaging, you can also get Omacor delivered to your place of work.
We offer a free next-day delivery across the UK on orders completed and reviewed by 4:30pm Monday to Friday. We also have a nominated day delivery if you would rather choose for yourself.