What are Climaval Tablets (1mg & 2mg)?
Climaval Tablets (1mg & 2mg) are a form of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) prescribed to relieve symptoms of menopause in women. These tablets are a continuous, oestrogen-only form of HRT. They contain estradiol, a naturally occurring form of oestrogen, the female sex hormone.
Climaval Tablets help relieve symptoms of menopause such as hot flushes, night sweats, mood swings, vaginal dryness and itching and irregular periods.
This medicine is only suitable for use in women of menopausal age. It should not be used by men or children.
Climaval tablets are only available on prescription, which can be obtained from HealthExpress.
How do Climaval Tablets (1mg & 2mg) work?
As women get older, their ovaries naturally start to produce less oestrogen (the female sex hormone). This can lead to menopausal symptoms.
Climaval Tablets contain estradiol, a natural form of oestrogen which tops up falling levels and provides relief from symptoms. They are a continuous, oestrogen-only form of HRT.
Climaval Tablets are most suitable for women who have undergone a hysterectomy. If you have not had a hysterectomy, you should be prescribed a progestogen medicine to take as well, as oestrogen stimulates the growth of the womb lining. Left unchecked, this could cause endometrial cancer.
How to use Climaval Tablets (1mg & 2mg)
- Climaval Tablets come in a 28-day calendar pack
- Take 1 tablet, once a day
- Take the tablets in the order marked on the pack
- When you finish a pack, start the next one without a break
- Swallow the tablets whole, with a drink
- You can take these tablets with or without food
- It helps to take your tablet at the same time every day, so you don't forget a dose
What dosages are available for Climaval Tablets (1mg & 2mg)?
There are two dosages available for Climaval Tablets: 1mg and 2mg. Each 1mg tablet contains 1mg of estradiol valerate. Each 2mg tablet contains 2mg of estradiol valerate.
These tablets come in a calendar blister pack of 28 or 84 tablets.
Climaval is only available by prescription from your doctor.
What are the side effects of Climaval Tablets (1mg & 2mg)?
Side effects which have been commonly reported include: headache; gut disturbances such as nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain; menstrual spotting or bleeding; vaginal thrush; and, depression or mood changes.
If you are concerned about any side effects, consult your doctor.
What are the precautions/interactions of Climaval Tablets (1mg & 2mg)?
- Always tell your doctor about any other medicines you are taking as these could interact with Climaval Tablets.
- If you are taking aminophylline, selegiline, ropinirole, tizanidine or theophylline, consult your doctor before taking Climaval Tablets as the risk of side effects may be increased.
- Do not use this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
How to buy Climaval Tablets online
To buy Climaval Tablets online in a dosage of 1mg or 2mg, complete a short medical questionnaire to be reviewed by our doctor. Once approved, you can choose your preferred delivery, which includes free next-day delivery across the UK. This is on all order approved by 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
We also offer nominated day delivery (also free), UPS Access Point Pickups and free same-day delivery for London postcodes.