Dr Khawaja Saqib Siddiq graduated from the University of Karachi in 2002. While in Pakistan, he gained experience in general surgery, urology and emergency medicine.
After moving to the UK, he continued his work in emergency medicine and also gained experience in acute medicine, paediatrics, intensive care medicine and anaesthesia.
He has worked in a number of hospitals across the East of England and is currently a locum consultant in emergency medicine with East Sussex Healthcare Trust.
University of Karachi
University of Sheffield
Since moving to the UK in 2005, Dr Siddiq has worked in general surgery and cardiothoracic surgery.
He has also completed training in emergency medicine, and since 2016 has worked part-time as a consultant emergency doctor.
Dr Siddiq has also authored papers covering a wide range of topics, including:
- conscious sedation in emergency medicine
- child protection
- paediatric asthma management
- early detection of myocardial ischemia
- the reduction of non-urgent A&E visits
- definitions used in clinical trials for sufferers of cystic fibrosis and chronic/persistent pseudomonas infections
Dr Siddiq has special interest in acute medicine, anaesthesia, intensive care medicine, paediatrics and emergency medicine.
He is also one of HealthExpress' men's health specialists.