What are Almogran 12.5mg Tablets?
Almogran 12.5mg Tablets are prescribed to relieve migraine attacks. They contain the 5HT1 agonist almotriptan that provides relief from symptoms of migraines, such as headache.
Almogran 12.5mg Tablets are not a preventative medicine and should only be taken once the symptoms of migraine headache have started.
How do Almogran 12.5mg Tablets work?
Although the cause of migraine attacks is not clear, they are thought to occur when blood vessels in the brain widen. This causes symptoms such as a throbbing, intense headache, sensitivity to light and sound, nausea and vomiting.
Almogran 12.5mg Tablets contain the 5HT1 agonist almotriptan, a triptan which stimulates serotonin receptors in the brain, narrowing blood vessels to relieve symptoms of migraine headache.
Always take this medicine exactly as directed by your doctor. These tablets are only available by prescription from your doctor, which can be obtained online from HealthExpress.
How to use Almogran 12.5mg Tablets
- Take one Almogran Tablet with a drink of water, with or without food
- You should take your tablet as early as possible after your headache starts
- If you experience relief after your first dose but your headache returns, you can take a second dose. This should not be taken within 2 hours of the first dose.
- If the first dose does not provide relief, do not take another dose for the same migraine attack
What dosages are available for Almogran 12.5mg Tablets?
There is only one dosage available for Almogran 12.5mg Tablets. These tablets contain 12.5mg almotriptan (as almotriptan D, L-hydrogen malate).
What are the side effects of Almogran 12.5mg Tablets?
Side effects which have been commonly reported include: nausea and vomiting; sleepiness; fatigue; and, dizziness. Less common side effects can include: pins and needles; diarrhoea; indigestion; dry mouth; palpitations; tinnitus (ringing in the ears); muscle pain; or, chest pain.
If you are concerned about any side effects, consult your doctor.
What are the precautions/interactions of Almogran 12.5mg Tablets?
- Tell your doctor if you are taking cafergot, ergonovine or dihydroergotamine.
- Do not take this medicine if you are taking any other triptan medicines.
- Do not take this medicine within 24 hours of taking ergotamine or its derivatives.
- If your first dose of almotriptan does not relieve your headache, you can take a painkiller such as paracetamol, ibuprofen or aspirin.
- These tablets are suitable for use in adults over the age of 18. They should not be used in children.
- If you are pregnant, consult your doctor before taking this medicine as there is limited information available as to its safety during pregnancy.
- Because almotriptan may be excreted in breast milk, caution should be exercised if you are breastfeeding. You can minimise infant exposure by avoiding breastfeeding for 24 hours after taking this medicine.
- Do not take Almogran 12.5mg Tablets if you are allergic to almotriptan or any of the other ingredients.
How to buy Almogran online
To save the discomfort buying Almogran Tablets in-person (especially if you're experiencing a migraine), you can get the treatment delivered straight to your door.
Our consultation takes approximately 2 minutes to complete and a further 10 minutes to be approved by our partner doctor on average. If this is done by 4:30pm Monday to Friday, you will receive Almogran the very next day before 1pm. We also offer same-day delivery for London postcodes and nominated day delivery. As options are free of charge.