What are Almotriptan 12.5mg Tablets?
Almotriptan 12.5mg Tablets are prescribed for the relief of symptoms of migraine attacks, such as headache, nausea and sensitivity to light and sound. These tablets are most commonly found under the brand name 'Almogran'.
Almotriptan 12.5mg Tablets contain almotriptan, a 5HT1 agonist that relieves the symptoms of migraine headache.
Almotriptan is only available by prescription from your doctor; you can buy Almotriptan online from HealthExpress after completing a consultation.
How do Almotriptan 12.5mg Tablets work?
Although the cause of migraine attacks is not clear, they are thought to occur when blood vessels in the brain widen. This causes symptoms such as a throbbing headache, sensitivity to light and sound and nausea and vomiting.
Almotriptan 12.5mg Tablets contain the 5HT1 agonist almotriptan. This works on serotonin receptors in the brain, mimicking the action of serotonin and narrowing blood vessels to provide relief from symptoms of migraine attacks.
For best results, you should take this medicine as soon as your migraine headache starts, however it can be taken at any stage of an attack.
How to use Almotriptan 12.5mg Tablets
- Take one Almotriptan 12.5mg tablet a day
- Swallow the tablet with a drink of water
- This medicine can be taken with or without food
- If the first dose does not relieve your migraine symptoms, do not take another dose
- If the first dose provides relief but your headache comes back later, it is fine to take a second dose. This second dose should not be taken within 2 hours of the first dose.
What dosages are available for Almotriptan 12.5mg Tablets?
There is only one dosage available for Almotriptan 12.5mg Tablets. Each tablet contains 12.5mg of almotriptan (as almotriptan D, L-hydrogen malate).
These tablets are available in the UK under the brand names 'Almogran', 'Almotrex' and 'Amignul'.
What are the side effects of Almotriptan 12.5mg Tablets?
Common side effects include: nausea; vomiting; tiredness; and, dizziness. Less common side effects include: indigestion; diarrhoea; muscle or chest pain; dry mouth; or, tinnitus (ringing in the ears).
If you experience any side effects that concern you (or those that are less common), you should stop taking Almotriptan and contact your doctor.
What are the precautions/interactions of Almotriptan 12.5mg Tablets?
- Do not take this medicine if you are taking any other triptan medicines.
- Do not take this medicine within 24 hours of taking ergotamine or its derivatives.
- Always tell your doctor about any other medicines you are taking, including over-the-counter medicines and herbal remedies, as these could interact with Almotriptan 12.5mg Tablets and increase your risk of side effects.
- Almotriptan 12.5mg Tablets are suitable for use in adults and should not be used by children under the age of 18.
- Because Almotriptan may be excreted in breast milk, caution should be exercised if breastfeeding. Infant exposure can be minimised by avoiding breastfeeding for 24 hours after use.
- Consult your doctor before taking these tablets if you are pregnant.
How to buy Almotriptan 12.5mg tablets online
To buy Almotriptan tablets online, first complete a 2-minute consultation for review by our doctor. The entire process can take around 10 minutes from consultation to doctor's approval. When this is completed by 4:30pm Monday to Friday, you can receive Almotriptan the very next day to any address across the UK. This delivery service is also free of charge.