What is Lyclear 5% Dermal Cream?
Lyclear 5% Dermal Cream is used in the treatment of scabies in adults and children and to treat crab lice in adults. The cream contains 5% permethrin, an insecticide which kills parasites.
- Scabies is a skin disorder that leads to itching and rash. The disorder is caused by infestation with the scabies mite that burrows into the skin. It is spread through skin-to-skin contact.
- Crab lice usually live in the pubic hair and are passed on through close contact. Pubic lice may cause itching, although not everyone who catches them experiences symptoms.
Lyclear 5% Dermal Cream is available to purchase online or over the counter at a pharmacy, or by prescription from your doctor. By ordering online, you get ultimate discretion and delivery straight to your door.
How does Lyclear 5% Dermal Cream work?
Lyclear 5% Dermal Cream contains the active ingredient permethrin, which is an insecticide. When the cream is applied to the whole body, the permethrin kills the crab lice or scabies mites by poisoning them.
After the first application, a further application should be made after 7 days. This ensures that any surviving parasites are killed.
How to use Lyclear 5% Dermal Cream
- Let skin cool after a bath or shower before applying the cream
- Apply the cream to clean, dry skin
- For scabies, apply evenly over your whole body
- You can apply to your face (if necessary), including ears and scalp but be extra careful to avoid sensitive areas such as your eyes
- Leave the cream on for 8-12 hours then wash your whole body
- Repeat this treatment after 7 days
- For crab lice, apply the cream to your whole body including around your anus and pubic region, your face (especially facial hair) and scalp
- Leave it on for 12 hours then wash your whole body
- Repeat this treatment after 7 days
What dosages are available for Lyclear 5% Dermal Cream?
There is only one dosage available for Lyclear 5% Dermal Cream. The cream contains 5% medical grade permethrin w/w.
The cream comes in a 30g tube and is available to buy online or over the counter, without prescription from your doctor.
What are the side effects of Lyclear 5% Dermal Cream?
Not everyone who uses this medicine will experience side effects as people react to medicines differently.
Side effects which have been commonly reported include: skin discomfort such as tingling or burning; itching; skin redness; dry skin; or, a rash. Rare side effects include a headache. In very rare cases, side effects such as shortness of breath (if you are sensitive to the medicine) and inflammation of the hair follicles has been reported.
If you experience any side effects that you are concerned about, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. They may tell you to stop using this medicine.
What are the precautions/interactions of Lyclear 5% Dermal Cream?
Lyclear 5% Dermal Cream is not known to interact with any other medicines.
You should not use corticosteroid creams (such as hydrocortisone) while using this medicine. These creams can make a lice or scabies infestation worse.
If you are allergic to chrysanthemums you should speak to your doctor before using Lyclear 5% Dermal cream.
Do not apply the cream to open wounds or broken skin.
This cream is for external use only.
Do not use the cream on eyelashes as this can cause irritation. If you find crab lice or eggs in your eyelashes, gently remove them with tweezers.
Lyclear 5% Dermal Cream is suitable for use in adults and children aged 2 months and over. It should not be used in children under 2 months of age as there is insufficient data available relating to its safety in this group.
Because the amount of permethrin absorbed through the skin is minimal, Lyclear 5% Dermal Cream is thought to be safe for use during pregnancy. However, you should seek advice from your doctor before using this medicine if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
It is not known whether permethrin passes into breast milk, therefore breastfeeding mothers should consult their doctor before using this cream.
Do not use this medicine if you have a known allergy to any of its ingredients. It should also not be used if you are allergic to chrysanthemums.
How to buy Lyclear (Permethrin) 5% Dermal Cream online
You can buy Lyclear Dermal Cream online and receive your order as early as tomorrow. Simply compete a short questionnaire to be sent to our doctor. Once approved, this will remain in your own member's area if you need to reorder in the future.
Order approved by 4:30pm Monday to Friday will be sent out for delivery the next day. This delivery service is free of charge.