- You can buy Famvir in three easy to follow steps. It's that simple!
- Step 1 - Follow the link below to begin your free online diagnosis. This stage should take no longer than a few minutes to complete.
- Step 2 - Your medical details are reviewed by one of our GMC registered UK doctors. Once this review has taken place, your personalised diagnosis will be sent directly to your inbox.
- Step 3 - Once you've received your diagnosis by email, you will be able to simply login to our members area and place your order, which we will then deliver to you the very next day.
- Start your free consultation
Standard shipping is free for all patients.
UK - Orders are sent using Royal Mail Special Delivery which guarantees delivery the next day before 1pm (including Saturday).
Europe - UPS offer next-day delivery to most destinations within the EU.
International - Orders are sent via Royal Mail's International service.
Same-day service - Within London, we offer a same-day delivery service. To check eligibility and prices, visit our delivery pages by clicking 'find out more' below.
- find out more
What is Famvir?
Famvir is a fast-acting anti-viral medicine that can help to control recurring infections of genital herpes, colds sores and shingles. These conditions are caused by the herpes simplex or zoster viruses and can't be cured, but Famvir can help contain the virus so that your body's immune system can force it back into a dormant state. Famvir can also be used as a preventative treatment if you struggle with regular outbreaks of genital herpes, and it's better suited to herpes sufferers over the age of 50.
For Famvir to be at its most effective, it needs to be taken within the first 48 hours of the first symptoms appearing. HealthExpress's quick and straight-forward consultation and ordering process allows you to order Famvir safely and securely online for delivery the next-day, so you can start your treatment as soon as possible.
What are the benefits of Famvir?
Famvir is one of the most effective anti-viral treatments available. Its active ingredients help to prevent the spread of the herpes virus, to cut down healing time and minimise uncomfortable symptoms.
This anti-viral medication is one of the most convenient ways to treat cold sores and genital herpes, as you only require one day's treatment. It's especially effective in treating genital herpes, with any further spread being prevented within 24 hours.
Famvir is also one of the few anti-viral treatments that can reduce the nerve pain associated with shingles.
How does Famvir work?
The main ingredient in Famvir is famciclovir, however, this ingredient changes into a much more powerful compound once inside the body. When digested, famciclovir changes into penciclovir, which targets the viral cells and blocks the enzymes that help the viral cells to duplicate and spread. If the virus can't multiply, your body will be able to fight off the infection, pushing it back into a dormant state.
Who can use Famvir?
Famvir is safe to use if you are over the age of 18, have a healthy immune system and require treatment for cold sores, shingles and genital herpes. You may not be able to use Famvir if you have galactose, kidney or liver problems or are allergic to the main ingredient. You may also not be able to take this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Our consultation process is designed to assess whether you can safely use Famvir, so make sure that you mention whether you are taking any medications or have any health problems, even if they aren't listed above.
How do you take Famvir?
How you take Famvir will depend on your condition. To make sure that you get the best results from this medicine, you should always attempt to take it within 48 hours of your symptoms first appearing. Make sure you read the Patient Information Leaflet carefully before beginning your course of treatment.
- If you are taking Famvir for your first outbreak of genital herpes, you should take one 250mg tablet three times per day for five days.
- If you are using Famvir as a preventative long-term treatment for genital herpes, you may be prescribed two 250mg tablets per day.
- To treat cold sores, one Famvir 500mg tablet should be taken three times per day for one week.
- To treat shingles, one Famvir 250mg tablet should be taken three times daily over a seven day period.
Does Famvir cause side effects?
Although Famvir is prescribed in high doses, it tends to be very well tolerated. Side effects usually only affect a small number of people, and are mostly mild in nature because Famvir is often used for short periods of time. Some of the most common side effects include vomiting, fatigue, menstrual cramps and diarrhoea.
How can I buy Famvir online?
HealthExpress offers a free and confidential consultation process, available to patients who want to order this medication. After you complete your consultation online, it will be passed on to one of our doctors, who will review your information and provide a diagnosis. If our doctor decides that it is completely safe for you to use Famvir to treat your condition, you will have the opportunity to place an order for Famvir. We will forward your prescription to our registered pharmacy which will prepare your order and send it via next-day delivery, free of charge.