- You can buy Valtrex in three easy to follow steps. It's that simple!
- Step 1 - Follow the link below to begin your free online diagnosis. This stage should take no longer than a few minutes to complete.
- Step 2 - Your medical details are reviewed by one of our GMC registered UK doctors. Once this review has taken place, your personalised diagnosis will be sent directly to your inbox.
- Step 3 - Once you've received your diagnosis by email, you will be able to simply login to our members area and place your order, which we will then deliver to you the very next day.
- Start your free consultation
Standard shipping is free for all patients.
UK - Orders are sent using Royal Mail Special Delivery which guarantees delivery the next day before 1pm (including Saturday).
Europe - UPS offer next-day delivery to most destinations within the EU.
International - Orders are sent via Royal Mail's International service.
Same-day service - Within London, we offer a same-day delivery service. To check eligibility and prices, visit our delivery pages by clicking 'find out more' below.
- find out more
What is Valtrex?
Valtrex is an anti-viral medicine that can successfully treat infections caused by the herpes virus, such as genital herpes, cold sores and shingles. The main ingredient in Valtrex is valacyclovir, which works to prevent the herpes virus from multiplying and spreading during an outbreak. This allows your system to fight back more effectively, helping you to recover quicker and experience less painful symptoms.
Valtrex is available from HealthExpress, simply click on the link below to start your consultation. Your consultation will be checked by one of our doctors who will assess your suitability to use Valtrex. If your consultation is approved you will be able to order this treatment, safely and securely, along with other treatments that are suitable for your condition.
What are the benefits of Valtrex?
Valtrex can provide relief from the symptoms of herpes and can speed up your recovery. It's fast acting and can provide symptomatic relief within the first 24 hours of you taking it.
Sufferers of genital herpes can use Valtrex to clear the infection within as little as five days, while cold sore suffers can reduce the duration of a cold sore by one to two days, with a single day of treatment. Valtrex is proven to reduce the spread of a shingles rash by almost a third. In all cases, this medication is most effective the sooner you take it.
How does Valtrex work?
The main ingredient in Valtrex, valacyclovir, is a pro-drug. This means that it changes when it's inside the body into a more powerful form called acyclovir. Acyclovir targets the virus cells to stop it from duplicating and spreading. This leaves the remaining cells vulnerable to the body's natural defences.
Who can use Valtrex?
You can order Valtrex online if you are over 18 and require treatment for shingles, cold sores and genital herpes. If you experience regular outbreaks of genital herpes, you may be able to use Valtrex as a preventative treatment. You may not be able to use Valtrex if you suffer from conditions that affect your immune system, or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Make sure that you mention all relevant details about your medical history and the medications you are taking, during your consultation.
How do you take Valtrex?
Valtrex can be very effective at treating cold sores, shingles and genital herpes if taken within 48 hours of you noticing the symptoms. Valtrex will need to be taken differently depending on the condition you are treating:
- Valtrex can effectively treat an initial outbreak of cold sores by taking two 500mg per day for up to ten days. Recurrent outbreaks require a dose of two 500mg tablets per day for three to five days.
- To treat shingles, take two Valtrex 500mg tablets three times a day for seven days.
- To treat the first outbreak of genital herpes, take one 500mg Valtrex tablet twice a day for up to ten days. For recurrent outbreaks, two 500mg tablets should be taken daily for three to five days.
Does Valtrex cause side effects?
Valtrex is very well tolerated, but can cause mild side effects in people who are sensitive to the ingredients. The most common side effects are nausea and headaches. Some of the less common side effects may include abdominal pain, period pain, dizziness, vomiting, joint pain and depression.
How can I buy this medication online?
HealthExpress offers free next-day delivery with all our orders, so you can get your treatment as soon as possible when you place your order. We only ask that you complete a quick online consultation to start the ordering process. This consultation will be reviewed by a member of our medical team who will assess whether this is the right treatment for your condition. If it safe for you to use Valtrex, you will be able to place an order with us online. Your order will be filled by our registered pharmacy, and will be shipped to your via next-day courier.