- You can buy Azithromycin in three easy to follow steps. It's that simple!
- Step 1 - Follow the link below to begin your free online diagnosis. This stage should take no longer than a few minutes to complete.
- Step 2 - Your medical details are reviewed by one of our GMC registered UK doctors. Once this review has taken place, your personalised diagnosis will be sent directly to your inbox.
- Step 3 - Once you've received your diagnosis by email, you will be able to simply login to our members area and place your order, which we will then deliver to you the very next day.
- Start your free consultation
Standard shipping is free for all patients.
UK - Orders are sent using Royal Mail Special Delivery which guarantees delivery the next day before 1pm (including Saturday).
Europe - UPS offer next-day delivery to most destinations within the EU.
International - Orders are sent via Royal Mail's International service.
Same-day service - Within London, we offer a same-day delivery service. To check eligibility and prices, visit our delivery pages by clicking 'find out more' below.
- find out more
Azithromycin is a macrolide antibiotic that helps treat and cure bacterial infections such as chlamydia, gonorrhoea, non-specific urethritis, ureaplasma and mycoplasma. It prevents infections from spreading by affecting the bacteria's ability to make proteins. Azithromycin stays in the system for longer than most other antibiotic medications, so courses of this medicine are short and less intensive.
You can order Azithromycin, safely and discreetly from HealthExpress. We offer a free consultation process where you will be asked to answer questions about your health and medical history. The consultation will be treated confidentially and will only be reviewed by one of our doctors. If the doctor has established that it is safe for you to use, you will be able to purchase Azithromycin for your condition.
What are the benefits of using this antibiotic?
Azithromycin is a highly effective antibiotic treatment that's well tolerated and is particularly successful for treating sexually transmitted infections such as chlamydia, gonorrhoea, ureaplasma and mycoplasma. Azithromycin prevents the spread of the bacteria so that your body's natural defences can fight back and remove the infection from your system.
It is one of the most convenient treatments for chlamydia because it stays in the system for longer than most other treatments, it works faster and most people tend to see results within three to five days of taking the first pill, compared to other treatments that can take from seven to ten days.
How does Azithromycin work?
Azithromycin belongs to a group of medications known as macrolides. It prevents bacteria from multiplying, because it affects peptide activity and protein production. These two functions help bacteria stay alive and if these they are inhibited, the infection can't spread, leaving it vulnerable to the body's defence mechanisms.
How should you take it?
Azithromycin is taken differently depending on the bacterial infection that is being treated. In all cases, Azithromycin capsules should be taken an hour before meals or at least two hours after you have eaten. Even if you notice an improvement before the end of your prescribed course, you must keep taking the medication as prescribed. Stopping a course early may cause the bacteria to build up a resistance to the antibiotic.
After you have completed your course of treatment, you should wait around two weeks before taking another STI test to make sure that you are completely cured.
- For penile/vaginal chlamydia, a 500mg dose is taken on the first day of treatment followed by one 250mg dose that is taken daily for the next four days, in order to treat the infection successfully. However, for ano-rectal chlamydia, a course of Doxycycline is required for successful treatment. In the case of both types, both treatments are required.
- For ureaplasma, a single 1,000mg day dose is required for treatment.
- For gonorrhoea, a single 1,000mg dose is required to treat the infection, together with a single dose of Cefixime.
- Non-specific urethritis and mycoplasma require you to take 500mg x 2 together on day one, in which the infection will successfully be treated within seven days.
Who can take it?
Azithromycin can be taken by most people who want to treat chlamydia, gonorrhoea, non gonococcal urethritis, ureaplasma and mycoplasma. There are, however, conditions and medications that Azithromycin should not be taken with. If you have liver disease, kidney disease, myasthenia gravis, a heart rhythm disorder or a history of Long QT syndrome you may not be able to take this antibiotic medicine, or an adjustment in your dosage may be required.
Make sure that you mention any medications you are currently taking during your consultation and also provide detailed information about your health, such as whether you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
What are the side effects?
Antibiotics in general don't cause too many side effects, as they are mostly taken for a short period of time. Some people may be more susceptible to side effects because of a low tolerance to the active ingredients. Some of the most common side effects include mild nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation, stomach pain or upset, dizziness, tiredness, headaches, vaginal itching or discharge, mild itching or a skin rash.
Buying Azithromycin online?
HealthExpress offer a safe and convenient online consultation and ordering service. The consultation is completely free and confidential and will include questions about your condition and medical history. The information you provide during your consultation will be checked by one of our doctors who will provide you with a list of possible treatments you will be able to purchase. Our doctor will then issue a prescription that will be filled that same day by our pharmacy and will be shipped, free of charge, for next-day delivery.
Please note that the manufacturer of Azithromycin may differ from that shown on the image above, but the ingredients, benefits and possible side effects of the medication will be the same.